Is your father a snacker, or are you trying to make your father eat a little healthier? This easy, low-cost option is a fun Father’s Day gift! You can use a combination of sweet and savory snacks, and if that is what you would prefer, you can easily sub-healthy snacks.
For starters, the six-packs of your bottled booze, soda, or water are perfect for carrying other items, including a dining kit in the backyard. Here’s how you can transform it into a homemade snack carrier for road trips, or even clean organization, and the bottles that come with it.
- 6 Pack of soda bottles
- Snacks of your choice such as Smarties, KIND granola, Trail mix, M&M’s red, white & blue, and popcorn.
- Various assorted treats such as candy, nuts, and whole coffee beans
- A washi tape
- Spray paint on chalkboard
- Some piece of chalk
- To get going, you’ll need to drink all the sodas in your six-pack first, wash and let them dry thoroughly. You can easily twist them back on after filling your bottles because these come with twist-off caps.
- Then, when you’re ready to start, spray two coats of chalkboard paint on both sides of your soda cardboard. Allow complete drying of the first coat before applying the second coat.
- You can use this time to dress up your bottles while your bottle cardboard is drying down. It is so easy for children of any age to take part. Just wrap washi tape around the bottles, or randomly apply bottles to create your personalized look.
- Decorate all six bottles of soda with washi tape. Once all of them are decorated, you are ready to fill them with candies, nuts, or coffee beans. Select treats or snacks that are small enough to fit through the bottle’s opening and can extract them without getting stuck.
- You can fill the bottles in any way that’s best for you. You can use your hands to put the treats into bottles as a funnel.
- When all your bottles have been full, twist the caps back on and place them back into the soda bottle carton painted on the chalkboard.
- Now, write your message on the outer side of the chalkboard bottle, and the DIY for father’s day is completed.
While preparing the homemade snack carrier, make sure to prime the surface of your chalkboard before use. Make sure to wait for 24 hours for the best results before you write on the surface. You can now rub over the surface with the flat side of the chalk and erase it before writing and to prevent the paint from scratching away.